This is the 5th Annual Star Chamber Chili Cook-Off event planned and hosted by the Star Chamber of Commerce.
This year's non-profit charity partner is Star Outreach
Title sponsor is Morning Star Dental
Pie-Eating Contest is sponsored by Steve's Auto Care
Beer garden will be provided by Sully's.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Each team must provide their own cooking apparatus, utensils, cooking fuel, ingredients, serving station, wash station, canopy, and table for serving. No electricity will be available, and generators are not allowed. You must provide your own cooking source such as a propane stove or turkey fryer.
2. Chili may consist of meat, beans, vegetables, or combinations thereof, cooked with chili peppers, spices, and other ingredients. Teams must declare their ingredients during the cooking and judging process.
3. All chili must be cooked from scratch on-site the day of the cook-off. ?Scratch? is defined as starting with raw meat. Meat may be precut or ground but not precooked. Beans may be presoaked prior to the event. Fresh ingredients such as onions, tomatoes, green pepper, etc. may be washed and cut prior to event but uncooked.
4. Other ingredients may not be precooked or treated in any way prior to the event. The only exceptions are canned or bottled tomatoes, tomato sauce, peppers, pepper sauce, broth, and grinding or mixing spices.
5. Commercial chili powder is permissible but complete commercial chili powder mixes are not permitted.
6. Each team will be assigned a number and given a container for submitting to the judges. Judging will be done in a timely manner and each person is responsible for delivering their chili to be judged.
7. Judges will be told to base their score on the following considerations: flavor, texture of the meat, consistency, blend of spices, aroma, and color. There will also be a People's Choice award. People's Choice may reflect the atmosphere of your cooking area, your serving style, or theme. Be creative!!
8. Cook time may begin any time after 7:00 am 9/16/2023. Serving to the public will begin at 12:00. Official judging will begin at 12:30. Winners will be announced during the award ceremony at 3:00.
9.Your team must have at least one team member present at the mandatory Pre-Event Meeting on September 11 at 6:00 pm at Hunters Creek Park. A team packet, choosing your booth location, and additional rules will be provided at this meeting.
10. Selling any product or offering free drinks containing alcohol from your booth is strictly prohibited.
*** TEAMS MUST COOK 7 GALLONS OF CHILI***
Pie Eating Contest Information
The contest will take place at 2:30 pm on Saturday, September 16st at Hunter's Creek Park. 1st Place winner of each category will receive a medal and $100 cash prize!
- Registration limited to 6 participants in each category. Three categories: Children (8-12), Teens (13-17), Adults (18+)
- No hands can be used and no one can assist you.
- The first person to finish his/her whole pie and stand up will be declared the winner!
- In the event of a tie, more than one first place winner will be selected.
- If no contestant finishes entire pie in 3 minutes, the judge will declare winner based on least amount of pie remaining.
- Vomiting will cause disqualification.
- A completed registration form and waiver must be signed by all contestants prior to the start contest.
- Children under 18 must have a parent or guardian present and guardian's signature on the waiver.
- CHECK IN AT ENTRY BOOTH AT 2:15 PM
9/16 is 5th Annual Chili Cook-off:
6:30 AM Team Check-In
11:00 AM Tasting Kit, Raffle, Merchandise Sales Open
12:00 PM Public Tasting Open
Beer Garden Open
12:15 PM Chili Collected For Judging
2:30 PM People's Choice Tickets Collected
2:30 PM Pie Eating Contest
3:00 PM Award Ceremony